4 People taken to hospital after using phone app to identify Mushrooms

Now Reading
4 People taken to hospital after using phone app to identify Mushrooms

LA PINE, Ore. (AP) – A sheriff’s officer says four central Oregon residents were rushed to a hospital after they used a phone app to identify wild mushrooms but ended up consuming mushrooms that were poisonous.

A local television station reports that Deschutes County sheriff’s Sgt. Doug Sullivan says deputies and medics responded Thursday afternoon to a report of poisoning on private property south of Sunriver.

He says two boys, ages 4 and 14, and a 34-year-old woman were showing symptoms of mushroom poisoning. A 15-year-old boy who also ate the mushrooms wasn’t showing symptoms but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Sullivan said members of several families living on the property ate the poisonous mushrooms after misidentifying them as edible with a phone app.

The sheriff’s office reminds the public to learn the identifying features of mushrooms and to turn to experts and field guides to be sure. Sullivan urges using several field guides and adds, “when in doubt, don’t consume wild mushrooms.”

Cannabis seeds, Autoflowering seeds, Greenhouse, Sweet Seeds, Dutch Passion
What did you think?
Loved It
Hated It
About The Author
Amir Pouya
I'm the Founder, Designer and Developer of SpiritMolecule.com. I have a love and interest for the history and chemistry of visionary plants and their interaction with humankind. I believe these plants and their effects to not be Hallucinations, but another form of reality we are yet to fully understand. The reason for this website is to gather as much information as possible to eventually be able to put together some sort of explanation as to What these plants are, Why they exists and How they have these extraordinary effects on Human Consciousness.